Saturday, July 26, 2008

Breaking Dawn Cover

I know that this is kind of last minute. But I just realized something. I have a theory about the colors and symbols used for the book covers in the series. I believe that starting in New Moon, Stephenie Meyer started using the colors red and white to represent Jacob and Edward. Red for Jacob because of the warmth his body gives off and white for Edward because his body is cold and hard like stone. I believe that the colors combined in the flower on the cover of New Moon symbolize that Bella has choices now. I also think that the red ribbon breaking in Eclipse represents Jacob's breaking point. Bella made her choice and Jacob isn't going to be a part of it. Also the newest addition to the book covers is that of Breaking Dawn. At first sight i thought that the white chess piece in the front was a king, so it represented that Bella really did make her choice to be with Edward. But the i looked closer and realized that it was a queen. The white represents Edward whose body is hard and cold because he's a vampire. The pawn piece in the back is red. Red commonly represents warmth. So I think it means Bella chose to be a vampire, because the piece is a queen not a king. The pawn represents that Bella chose to leave her warmth and mortality behind.

No comments: